Uninsured Motorist

Despite mandatory automobile insurance requirements in Colorado, many operators of motor vehicles are uninsured (have no insurance), or are under insured (have an inadequate amount of insurance), for the damages they cause when they injure someone in a car accident. When an accident occurs, the client may have a claim for uninsured motorist or underinsured motorist benefits.

In Colorado, when you purchase “full coverage” under your automobile insurance policy, you purchase “uninsured/underinsured” coverage (known as “UM” or “UIM”). The amount of coverage depends on the language under the policy and the amount of premiums paid. Usually, the policy carries UM/UIM in an amount equal to the liability or “bodily injury” (known as “BI”) limits under the policy. In some instances, where the purchaser has elected to do so in writing and certain conditions have been met, the amount of UM/UIM may be less than the amount of BI. The coverage declarations page of your policy should reveal how much UM/UIM coverage is provided under your policy. It is important to review your claim with an experienced.

If you are in an accident and underinsured, you need representation. Let the law offices of Larson & Larimer, P.C. get you the representation you need. Call for a free consultation today.